rareoldprints.com
Home
About
Search

Caverswall Castle Situated near the Staffordshire Potteries. Erected by William de Carewall, or de Caverswall, in the Reign of King John. Rebuilt by Matthew Craydock Esq. in the Reign of James the First. The Architect being the famous Inigo Jones. It is at present occupied by a Community of Benedictine Nuns, formerly of Ghent.

Ref: P/4604
< >

Title: Caverswall Castle Situated near the Staffordshire Potteries. Erected by William de Carewall, or de Caverswall, in the Reign of King John. Rebuilt by Matthew Craydock Esq. in the Reign of James the First. The Architect being the famous Inigo Jones. It is at present occupied by a Community of Benedictine Nuns, formerly of Ghent.
County: Staffordshire
Location: Caverswall
Castles: Caverswall
Medium: Aquatint
Engraver: Sutherland, Thomas
Publisher: J A Blackwell
Date: 1817
Dimensions: 318 x 390 mm
Colour: Original colour

Somewhat evenly browned
Published 1 February 1817 by J. A. Blackwell of Cobridge, Staffordshire Potteries and sold for him by J. A. Molteno, Pall Mall & by Keating & Co. Duke Street, Grosvenor Sqre., London.

.


Web References
Medium:Aquatint engraving en.wikipedia.org
Year:1817 en.wikipedia.org



Antique Aquatint - "Caverswall Castle Situated near the Staffordshire Potteries. Erected by William de Carewall, or de Caverswall, in the Reign of King John. Rebuilt by Matthew Craydock Esq. in the Reign of James the First. The Architect being the famous Inigo Jones. It is at present occupied by a Community of Benedictine Nuns, formerly of Ghent." by T Sutherland published 1817 by J A Blackwell.